- 8 beets, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onions, chopped
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 cloves
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In casserole dish, place whole beets with some oil and roast for about an hour, until beets are easily cut with butter knife.
2. Meanwhile, gather spices and place in small bowl. When beets have cooled, peel, and cut into small cubes.
3. In small saucepan, heat oil for about 30 seconds over medium high heat. Add spices. Stir constantly until fragrant, about 1 minutes. Remove from heat and remove spices from oil. Add onion and garlic. Stir over medium heat for about 3 minutes until onions soften a bit.
4. Place beets in serving bowl, pour onion mixture over them and stir to combine. Can be served room temperature.
Click below for printer friendly PDF