- 3 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4cup pine nuts, or walnuts
- 1 cup arugula, packed, washed and dried
- 1 cup parsley leaves, packed, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese or 4 oz. silken tofu + 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 TBSP Manchego cheese, grated or 2 TBSP ground pine nuts + 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
(Vegan Note: If you are using silken tofu instead of ricotta cheese, mash up tofu with wire whisk and fresh lemon juice. Grind 2 TBSP pine nuts in mortar and pestle or food processor and combine with nutritional yeast. Add to tofu mixture. Set aside.)
1. Place arugula and parsley in heavy duty, quart-sized zip lock bag. Pound leaves with rubber mallet, meat pounder, or even the back of a metal ice cream scoop.
2. Fit food processor with S-blade. Process garlic, nuts, arugula, parsley, and oil until smooth. Transfer to small bowl and stir in cheeses or tofu mixture, if doing vegan option; season with salt and pepper.
Makes enough for 12 oz. box of pasta
Click Below for Printer Friendly PDF