- 2 acorn squash (about 1 ½ lb each), halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 3 TBSP unsalted organic butter
- 3 TBSP dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a rimmed baking sheet pour water to about half way up rim. Place squash halves cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. When squash is very tender and paring knife pierces easily, it is time to remove them from the oven.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, brown sugar, dried thyme, and ground pepper. Whisk occasionally to combine.
3. Turn broiler to high. Remove any water from baking sheet and place squash cut side up. Sprinkle with sea salt. Spoon a portion of the brown sugar butter mixture onto the squash. Broil for 5 to 8 minutes, until brown and caramelized. Serve immediately.
Click for printable PDF