- 2 quartswater
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 8 Swiss chard leaves, destemmed, sliced thin
- 2 ounces Dubliner cheese , grated
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Boil Potatoes Bring water to boilin medium saucepan, add sweet potatoes, boil until soft but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, pat dry and set aside.
2. Frittata Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Heat butter in non-stick, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Swirl skillet to distribute evenly over bottom and sides. Add onion; sauté until softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add boiled sweet potatoes and Swiss chard; stir gently to coat with butter.
4. Meanwhile, in medium sized bowl, stir cheese, salt, and pepper into lightly beaten eggs.
5. Pour egg mixture into skillet; stir lightly with fork until eggs start to set. Once bottom is firm, use thin, spatula to lift frittata edge closest to you. Tilt skillet slightly toward you so that uncooked egg runs underneath. Return skillet to level position and swirl gently to evenly distribute egg. Continue cooking about 40 seconds, then lift edge again, repeating process until egg on top is no longer runny.
6. Transfer skillet to oven; bake until frittata top is set and dry to touch, 2 to 4 minutes, making sure to remove frittata as soon as top is set.
7. Run spatula around skillet edge to loosen frittata; invert onto serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Click below for printer friendly PDF