- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 TBSP low sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar, or coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger root (about 1 inch root), minced
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. sunflower oil
- 2 1/2 lb broccoli florets, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
1. Whisk orange juice, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, brown sugar, pepper flakes, and cornstarch in medium bowl. Combine garlic, ginger, and remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil in small bowl.
2. Toast sesame seeds in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until golden, about 8 minutes, shaking pan frequently. Transfer sesame seeds to plate.
3. Heat vegetable oil in now-empty skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add broccoli and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup water, cover, and cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl and tent with foil. Add garlic mixture to empty skillet and cook over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add orange juice mixture and cook until sauce thickens and coats back of spoon, about 1 minute. Pour sauce over broccoli and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.
Click below for printer friendly PDF