- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 5 dates in 1/2 cup hot water, stones removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 bunches kale leaves, de stemmed, washed, and torn into pieces
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 15.5 oz can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
1. Soak date pieces in hot water for 30 minutes.
2. In large Dutch oven, heat 1/4 cup waterover medium heat. Add kale and stir frequently until kale wilts and turns bright green, about 8 minutes. Place kale in medium serving bowl. Set aside.
Soak date pieces in hot water. Set aside.
3. Place oil in Dutch oven with garlic, rosemary, and pepper flakes. Over medium heat, stir until garlic starts to sizzle, about 30 seconds. Add dates and greens; sauté to coat with oil. Stir in beans and reserved date water.
Click below for printer friendly PDF