- 4 lb carrots, peeled, halved crosswise, and cut lengthwise for uniform size
- 4 large onion, peeled, halved and quartered
- 8 clove garlic, peeled, whole
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
1. With oven rack at middle position, heat oven to 425 degrees F. In large bowl, combine carrots, onions, garlic, thyme, butter, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; toss to coat. In 9 x 13 casserole dish, coat generously with sunflower oil. Transfer carrot mixture to dish.
2. Cover casserole dish tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until carrots are browned and tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Toss with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Click below for printer friendly PDF