- 1cup dried lentils, red
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 28 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 generous handfuls Swiss chard, chopped
1. In 5.5 quart Dutch oven over medium heat, sauté olive oil, garlic, and onions until translucent.
2. Add cayenne, bay leaves, parsley, vegetable broth, water, and lentils. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, rosemary, sea salt, and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
4. Add Swiss chard, stir until wilted. Serve hot.
Click below for printer friendly PDF