- 1 1/2 lb potatoes, sliced to 1/8 inches
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup light cream + 1/4 cup milk
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Generously butter a wide, shallow casserole dish.
2. In medium bowl, stir garlic into cream and add milk as well.
3. Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of potatoes. Dot a little butter over the potato layer, season with salt and pepper and then pour some milk over potatoes. Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with milk layer. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, until very soft and golden brown. If the dish browns too quickly, cover with foil and continue baking.
Click below for printer friendly PDF