- 1 lb. Linguine, cooked according to directions on package
- 1cup oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil , or butter
- 1 Medium butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup , or honey
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Pesto: Pulse pesto ingredients in food processor fitted with an S-blade until smooth. Set aside.
2. Butternut Squash: In large sauté pan, heat oil over high heat. Add squash cubes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring until pieces begin to brown. Continue cooking, stir occasionally, until well browned and soft. Add shallots, salt and pesto mixture. Cook for about 3 minutes longer. Add vegetable broth to mixture and simmer until squash is tender, about 7 minutes.
Add squash mixture and pasta. Toss to coat thoroughly.
Click below for printer friendly PDF