Kale with tahini and buttered pecans
- 1/4cup tahini paste
- 2 TBSP coconut milk
- 2 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP water
- 2 bunch Kale, lacinato or red Russian, sliced thin.
- 3 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 7 TBSP pecan halves, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- sweet paprika, for garnish
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Tahini Sauce: Whisk all Tahini sauce ingredients until smooth paste. Set aside
2. Salad: Melt half the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the pecan pieces once hot and toss until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan with slotted spoon.
3. Add remaining butter and the olive oil. Throw in the garlic. Cook until golden and fragrant, about a minute. Pour in the wine. Leave for a minute until it reduces by a third. Add kale and 1/4 cup water and cook with lid on until bright green and wilted. Add 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Assemble: Divide the kale among individual serving bowls, spoon tahini sauce on top and garnish with pecans. Sprinkle with paprika.
Click below for printer friendly PDF