I usually serve this with fried eggs and naan bread for a quick supper.
- 2 tsp. sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger root, minced, or 1/2 tsp. dried ginger powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, collards or kale, cleaned, destemmed and sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 TBSP coconut palm sugar, or brown sugar
1. Heat oil in large Dutch oven. Add onion and cook until softened about 3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, jalapeño, coriander, turmeric, and cumin. Stir and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add Swiss chard, stir to combine, cover and cook over medium heat. Chard should be wilted and bright green, about 4 minutes.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Turn heat to medium high and keep uncovered. Cook until liquid evaporates, 3 minutes longer. Add coconut milk and sugar; stir and cook uncovered until milk thickens, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Click here for printer friendly PDF