- 2 TBSP coconut oil , or sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 TBSP white wine
- 2 lb broccoli (5 cups), florets only, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 TBSP nutritional yeast, optional,
1. In a large saucepan or dutch oven, over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil. Add onion; sauté until golden in color, about 5 minutes. Add white wine and broccoli; stir-cook until wine evaporates, about 30 seconds.
2. Add broth, salt and pepper to saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook covered until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Ladle broccoli mixture into blender. Add 1/2 cup coconut milk; blend until very smooth. Return soup tosaucepan; cook over low heat until hot. Add additional milk, depending on desired consistency. Add thyme. Adjust seasonings.
4. Place into soup bowls. Garnish with nutritional yeast for cheesy flavor and b-12 boost.
Click below for printer friendly PDF