This broccoli tastes great with or without the lemon juice dressing and cooks up very fast. Delicious as a simple side dish or tossed with pasta.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 lb broccoli , Trimmed close to florets, then cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2Tbsp water
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- parmesan cheese, optional
1. In large nonstick skillet (use 2 more Tbsp. oil if using regular skillet), over medium high heat, add oil. Heat for 30 seconds. Add florets and cook until they start to brown, about 2 minutes. Add 3 Tbsp. water and cook for 1 minutes more, covered. Remove lid and cook until water is evaporated and broccoli is bright green and tender about a minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. In small bowl add lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Stir to combine. Pour over broccoli. Add parmesan before serving, if you so desire.
Click below for printer friendly PDF